Certificates of Origin
The St. John’s Board of Trade offers Certificates of Origin to members and non-members.
Online Document Certification
Our electronic service allows exporters to apply and receive their approval from the comfort of their own office, providing they have access to a good quality color printer. In addition, online certification also provides:
- Ease of access: Canadian exporters can apply online and print from anywhere in the world.
- Reduced travel time and courier costs: no need to leave your office and wait in line.
- Fast, convenient, and user-friendly: get certificates in hours versus days.
The St. John’s Board of Trade certifies the following documents:
- Certificates of Origin
- Invoices submitted without a Certificate of Origin
- Visa applications
Documents certified by the St. John’s Board of Trade must meet the following requirements:
- Issued by a Canadian company in either English or French
- Accompanied by the proper background documentation
- Accompanied by the proof of business registration with the federal or provincial/territorial government and confirmation of annual business license renewal (if not already on file)
- Original document duly signed by an authorized representative and notarized (or letter of waiver must be on file)
- Issued on the St. John's Board of Trade's template or in a format approved by the St. John's Board of Trade
- Certification fees paid in full
Do It Yourself: You print the documents once certified.
- $30 +HST Member
- $45 +HST Non-Member
Full Service: We print the documents, and you arrange for pickup from our office.
- $35 +HST Member
- $50 +HST Non-Member
We accept credit card payment online through your account. If you require login credentials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full payment is required prior to the certification of documents.
- For Full Service – The customer is responsible for all shipping costs.
- Once documents are certified, customers will arrange for pick up.