The Ambassador Team is a dedicated group of volunteers for the SJBOT with a mission to develop an engaged community of St. John’s Board of Trade members that share experiences and support each other to achieve business goals.
Our Ambassadors work together to encourage meaningful participation in the St. John’s Board of Trade’s events, programs, and services in an effort to ensure businesses are making the most of their membership. They are our go-to group for event assistance, feedback, and engagement.
Meet the 2024-2026 Ambassador Team
Becoming an Ambassador
The Ambassador Team is comprised of up to 14 individuals serving two-year terms. We aim to have groups of six in rotation to share learning with incoming ambassadors.
Any member of the St. John’s Board of Trade can apply to join the Ambassador’s Team. Members can apply for a two-year term at any time. However, we recruit volunteers in groups, and at minimum, every year to ensure we have a robust team.
The goal of each Ambassador is to be a champion for the St. John’s Board of Trade – ready to talk about membership benefits, promote events, and share learnings with others in the business community. Ambassadors should:
- Act as engaged volunteers to the SJBOT staff team on major events – such as Business Excellence, Business Bootcamp, State of the Province, Golf Tournament, and large mixers;
- Ability to speak on all events and activities that the SJBOT is hosting and planning – informing the membership through knowledge of connecting operations;
- Encourage conversations of memberships – collecting feedback, opinions, and direction
- Assist marketing efforts on social platforms – sharing and liking events and messaging;
- Act as a voice on major business wins within the membership – letting the staff and Board of Directors know the successes and triumphs of positive success stories;
- Take part in volunteer based initiatives that promote the image of the SJBOT in a helpful social equity manner
- Be familiar and current with all benefits the SJBOT can offer its members;
Who Should Apply
The Ambassador Team is a great fit for business professionals in the St. John’s area who want to get involved on a deeper level. We are seeking professionals that are eager and motivated to spread the benefits of SJBOT membership and to network with meaning within the business community.
A great candidate is someone who:
- is a member of the SJBOT,
- can lead a group in formal facilitation and casual conversation,
- is welcoming to newcomers and likes to break down barriers to get folks involved,
- has a desire to develop, and likely already has, strong leadership qualities,
- is willing to volunteer their time to make connections and better the business community,
- is a team player who loves to pitch in and help, and
- enjoys attending events and meeting new people.
How to Apply and Your Commitment
Embark on a rewarding journey by applying to join the St. John’s Board of Trade Ambassador Program—a unique opportunity to actively contribute to the growth of our vibrant business community.
To become a dedicated Ambassador, submit your application during our annual application period, which is open now until our deadline of January 5, 2026. All interested applicants must be nineteen or older, employed within an organization in good standing membership with the SJBOT, and provide a resume and cover letter.
Successful candidates will commit to a two-year term (January 1, 2026, to December 31, 2027), with the potential for a one-year extension, ensuring a lasting impact on our community.
As an Ambassador, you'll participate in a minimum bi-monthly meetings, collaborate with the Board of Directors, and engage in fulfilling activities to support our members. Our expectation is the Ambassadors provide a commitment level of around five hours per month in order for this program to be successful. Ambassadors can attend SJBOT events at a 15% discount or, when volunteering or in certain circumstances, free of charge.
Don't miss this chance to make a difference—apply now and become a vital part of the St. John’s business success story.