The Ambassador Team is a dedicated group of volunteers for the SJBOT with a mission to develop an engaged community of St. John’s Board of Trade members that share experiences and support each other to achieve business goals.
Our Ambassadors work together to encourage meaningful participation in the St. John’s Board of Trade’s events, programs, and services in an effort to ensure businesses are making the most of their membership. They are our go-to group for event assistance, feedback, and engagement.
Meet the 2022 Ambassador Team
Becoming an Ambassador
The Ambassador Team is comprised of 12 individuals serving two-year terms. We aim to have groups of six in rotation to share learning with incoming ambassadors.
Any member of the St. John’s Board of Trade can apply to join the Ambassador’s Team. Members can apply for a two-year term at any time. However, we recruit volunteers in groups of six and, at minimum, every year to ensure we have a robust team.
The goal of each Ambassador is to be a champion for the St. John’s Board of Trade – ready to talk about membership benefits, promote events, and share learnings with others in the business community. Ambassadors should:
- Be knowledgeable about current events and activities that the SJBOT is hosting and planning.
- Be knowledgeable about the many benefits of SJBOT membership and partnership.
- Stay up to date on current issues and topics related to the SJBOT and the wider business community.
- Complete 30-minute one-on-one calls with new student members.
- Participate in SJBOT activities – we aim for at least 50% attendance at events.
- Amplify the voice of the SJBOT and our members on social and in real life, shouting out successes from the rooftops.
- Act as a new member mentor, facilitating connections and networking opportunities, if asked by the Manager of Business Development and Member Success.
- Act as brand ambassadors through participation in volunteering activities designed to get the team out in the community.
Who Should Apply
The Ambassador Team is a great fit for business professionals in the St. John’s area who want to get involved on a deeper level. We are seeking professionals that are eager and motivated to spread the benefits of SJBOT membership and to network with meaning within the business community. A great candidate is someone who:
- is a member of the SJBOT,
- can lead a group in formal facilitation and casual conversation,
- is welcoming to newcomers and likes to break down barriers to get folks involved,
- has a desire to develop, and likely already has, strong leadership qualities,
- is willing to volunteer their time to make connections and better the business community,
- is a team player who loves to pitch in and help, and
- enjoys attending events and meeting new people.
The Ambassador program is designed to provide a commitment level of a maximum of five hours per month. However, this varies depending on meetings and events. The Ambassador Team meets quarterly and as needed in between. All ambassadors must be members of the SJBOT for the entirety of their term. Ambassadors can attend SJBOT events at a 15% discount or, when volunteering or in certain circumstances, free of charge.
How to Apply
Our next call for ambassadors will be in Q4 of 2022 for a two-year term (January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2024). At this time, we will be looking for at least six members of the team, who will apply with their CV and by completing a standard questionnaire, to be reviewed and selected by the ambassador team. Interested parties can apply at any time, but we will only review applications when we do our annual call for ambassadors.