Certificates of Origin
The St. John’s Board of Trade is now certifying Certificates of Origin electronically.
This service allows exporters to apply and receive their approval electronically from the comfort of their own office (providing they have access to a good quality color printer). In addition, online certification also provides:
- Ease of access: Canadian exporters can apply online and print from anywhere in the world.
- Reduced travel time and courier costs: no need to leave your office and wait in line.
- Fast, convenient and user-friendly: get certificates in hours versus days.
Online Document Certification
The St. John’s Board of Trade certifies the following documents:
- Certificates of Origin
- Invoices submitted without a Certificate of Origin
- Visa applications
Documents certified by the Board must meet the following requirements:
- Issued by a Canadian company in either English or French
- Accompanied by the proper background documentation
- Accompanied by the proof of business registration with the federal or provincial/territorial government and confirmation of annual business license renewal (if not already on file)
- Original document duly signed by an authorized representative and notarized (or letter of waiver must be on file)
- Issued on the St. John's Board of Trade's template or in a format approved by the St. John's Board of Trade
- Certification fees paid in full
Cost & Payment Instructions:
Do It Yourself (DIY)*
- $30 +HST Member
- $45 +HST Non Member
* (DIY – Member/Non Member would print documents once certified)
- $35 +HST Member
- $50 +HST For Non Member
*(Full Service – The Board will print documents for Members/Non Members and said members (non members) will arrange for pick up of documents)
- Full payment is required prior to the certification of documents.
- The accepted methods of payment are credit cards online.
- For Full Service - The customer is responsible for all shipping costs. The St. John’s Board of Trade requests that once documents are certified customers will arrange for pick up.
If you require login credentials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.