MANAGER OF SALES & MEMBER SUCCESS
The St. John’s Board of Trade is where Business and Opportunity connect. With over 720 business partners and growing, we need a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to be our lead for acquisition of new business members and delivering an experience that will make their investment one of the best business decisions they will ever make.
We have a three-year Strategic Growth Plan and we’re ready to launch it – this role will put the sales plan in place to propel it forward.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining a sales pipeline, onboarding members, working with corporate partners, and measuring our success as you go.
Duties will include:
- Establish, grow, and maintain relationships with members and partners.
- Communicate the benefits of SJBOT membership to existing and potential member businesses.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales plan.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands the SJBOT membership and sponsorship base.
- Work with the SJBOT Finance Committee to project expected sales volume and profit.
- Develop and present sales, revenue, and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Sell sponsorships for events and other opportunities, as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with Member-Only Savings Program partners, developing a full understanding of their products and how they can benefit SJBOT members.
- Prepare sales proposals and value propositions based on partner/sponsor needs and expectations.
- Conduct professional sales presentations to potential members.
- Collaborate with SJBOT team to deliver an exceptional member experience.
- Contribute to the overall team effort by accomplishing additional duties as required.
A strong network within the business community, passion for our province, and excitement to meet new people are must-haves for the SJBOT’s Manager of Sales & Member Success. We’d also like our new teammate to have:
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Proven ability to meet sales goals, analyze data, and monitor progress.
- Proven ability to create and implement a sales plan.
- Exceptional ability to build trusting relationships with existing and potential members.
- Possess a strong understanding of the business outlook for St. John’s and surrounding area – from key markets/industries to what might keep small business owners up at night.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Dynamic and detailed presentation skills.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive compensation structure, including incentives/bonus pay
- Group RRSP and comprehensive health benefits through the Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
We want to talk to you if you want to talk to business owners.
Please send your résumé and cover letter to our CEO, AnnMarie Boudreau, by May 12, 2021: email@example.com.