Inside Sales Representative
On behalf of our client, an established food manufacturer, wholesaler and distributor located in St. John’s, NL, Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently hiring an Inside Sales Representative to support the company’s operational and financial goals by generating profitable business within a defined portfolio of customers, including existing and prospective customers. Individuals in this position are committed to understanding customer’s needs and identifying opportunities, thereby providing the exceptional level of service and innovative solutions that differentiate the client in the marketplace.
- To service new and existing customers, including those who we call upon via phone, email or virtual meeting or in response to customer queries and calls into the head office.
- To partner with other sales team members, if and as required, in order to provide exceptional customer service.
- Troubleshoot potential issues and assist with customer concerns and problems as they relate to client products.
- Maintain, develop and expand a profitable sales portfolio by identifying customer needs/opportunities, promoting sales, and providing a high level of customer service to existing and new customers.
- Conducting prospecting and follow-up to secure profitable new business opportunities.
- Maintaining or exceeding sales targets and contacting all accounts on the assigned portfolio of customers and sales channels.
- Promoting company products and services as points of differentiation.
- Participating in business reviews, food shows or other marketing initiatives, if and as required.
- Building strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers to develop loyalty and leverage sales effectiveness.
- Provide ongoing support to all applicable customers, and resolve any customer concerns, in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively and on a timely basis with customers and prospects, within designated sales categories, on a regular basis to grow, build and maintain new and existing customer accounts and relationships.
- Provide customers with detailed product and pricing information.
- Assist with special customer orders.
- Arrange with customers the most effective manner to provide product samples, if and as appropriate, take orders and upsell/recommend products and services.
- Account management activities such as: cold-calling, maintenance of customer relationship management tools and resources including but not limited to new business development pipeline and weekly call sheets, order taking, quote follow-up, management of inbound/outbound calls, upselling etc.
- Generate leads through networking, industry research and cold calling/contacting.
- Analyze customer sales history and current conditions to determine if there are any unrealized sales opportunities.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of company products and services.
- Participate in Trade Shows if and as approved (virtual).
- Support in collection of payment and outstanding accounts receivable.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous sales experience, as appropriate.
- Previous experience in food manufacturing, marketing, and/or sales would be an asset.
- Experience managing the expectations that arise during a customer/sales relationship.
- Excellent Communication skills required, both written and oral.
- Maintain composure in a variety of challenging circumstances.
- Respond respectfully to customer inquiries, complaints, or any other feedback.
- Adapt information, training, etc., to the needs of the customer.
- Ensure adherence to Company Values and Policy.
- General computer acumen (Microsoft Suite - email, word, excel, etc.).
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary and commission structure, defined benefit pension plan, health and dental benefits as well as paid vacation.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, I encourage you to apply online.
Cheryl Slaney | Senior Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.