SJBOT Career Opportunities
Title: Manager of Communications & Engagement
Location: St. John’s Board of Trade, 34 Harvey Road, St. John's, NL
St. John's Board of Trade is dedicated to enhancing the prosperity of its members and creating a place for businesses to succeed. We exist to celebrate, support, and connect people and local business so they can grow and inspire. The Board of Trade is committed to influencing public policy and providing resources for strategic issues management, networking, as well as community and business-building events. As a member of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, we are the primary connection between business and the federal government to advocate and promote growth.
Our mission is to grow the business community and position our members and our province for progress, growth and success.
Reporting to the CEO, the Manager of Communications & Engagement will support the organization's strategic plan, administration, programs, and services, playing a critical role assuring our success. They will support the CEO and the extended team in building and maintaining lasting relationships with diverse businesses, members, partners, and other organizations and associations in the community.
The successful candidate will lead and manage the Board of Trade’s internal and external communications and marketing with the goal of supporting our mission to celebrate, support, and connect St. John’s businesses so they can grow and succeed.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the successful applicant will build, maintain, and enhance relationships with members and businesses in the community. They will be responsible for:
- Supporting the organization's members, programs, and committee’s in achieving their goals through effective communications and promotion of the organization's vision, mission and values, and strategic priorities
- Communications inside and outside of the organization, including strategy development, execution, management, and evaluation
- Event planning
- Risk assessment
- Management of the Board of Trade’s social media channels, including oversight, implementation, daily management, campaign management, and measurement
- Member engagement and support initiatives
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating with the Board’s committees and partners, including strategy development, regular liaison, and evaluation
- Other duties as required
- 5-8 years of experience in communications or public relations
- Experience managing communications and/or public relations across various industries, from small business to multinational companies
- Graduation from university with an undergraduate degree in public relations, communications, or related field; or equivalent combination of experience and training
- IAP2 certification and/or significant engagement experience will be considered an asset
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate expertise in strategic communications planning, execution, and measurement; content strategy, development, and execution; developing and implementing communications projects as a part of a collaborative and integrated team; board reporting; and establishing communications policy, procedures, and/or guidelines
- Candidates must demonstrate a strong ability to write compellingly for targeted audiences and manage projects seamlessly from start-to-finish
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide a cover letter and resume on or before 5:00 pm on Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The St. John’s Board of Trade is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and potential employees, along with a discrimination and harassment-free workplace environment.