We’re always on the lookout for thought leaders and subject-matter experts that want to share their expertise with our members. Our blog is a hub of information for the local business community, and having a published guest blog on our site is a great way to gain credibility in your industry.
Please note: Only submissions from individuals at member companies will be considered.
An effective guest blog post should:
- Be well-researched and well-written.
- Provide insights beyond general knowledge on a timely, relevant topic that provides value to our readers.
- Strive to avoid topics that have been covered many times over.
- Provide at least one tangible takeaway a reader can apply to their business.
Contributors must also:
- Provide original content only. Content published on our site cannot be published on another platform or website.
- Avoid writing a blog that is a sales pitch. Self-promotion and partisanship should be limited to your author bio.
- Proper citations must be included for facts, figures, and quotes.
- The Board of Trade reserves the right to edit/adapt/promote or reject your guest blog as we see fit.
How to get your blog published.
Step 1: Create a content proposal
Before you spend the time crafting a full blog post, submit a quick content proposal that includes:
- Proposed topic
- Proposed title and outline
- Brief author bio
- Writing sample
- Business strategy
- Human resources
- Accounting/financial management
- Small business advice
- Current trends
Step 2: Submit your proposal
Send an email with the above items to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Guest blog submission). Please allow 1-2 weeks for a response.
After we review your proposal, we’ll let you know if we’re interested in moving forward with your blog. If we are, we will work with you to set a realistic timeline that incorporates review and publishing dates.
Step 3: Develop your blog post
- Keep your post to less than 700 words.
- Spend extra time crafting an engaging headline.
- Use subheadings for each meaningful point.
- End your post with a powerful conclusion and an open question to engage readers and encourage comments.