Policy and Advocacy
Our policy and advocacy work helps your business speak with a louder voice.
We investigate issues, provide the facts and advocate for what’s best for the St. John’s business community.
The Policy and Advocacy Committee handles the Municipal, Provincial, and Federal issues that concern the membership of the St. John's Board of Trade.
- Andrew Wadden (Chair)
- Justin Ladha
- Joanne Slaney
- Des Whelan
- Jeff Daniels
- Paul Dube
- Meghan Felt
- Steve Loder
- Phillip Whitten
The St. John’s Board of Trade’s advocacy division is made up of four main committees:
- Governance, Advocacy and Policy Committee
- Tax Committee
- Developers Committee
- Investment Property Owners Committee
For questions about our Policy and Advocacy Committees, please contact Brandon Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 689-0893.
- Removing the Politics from the Minimum Wage
- Being Competitive in a Changing World - A Comprehensive Review of Taxation in Newfoundland and Labrador - August 2018
- City Budget Submission 2019
- Enhancing our Competitiveness - Provincial Pre-Budget Submission of the St. John's Board of Trade
- Managing the Public Purse - The St. John's Board of Trade's 2019 Pre-Budget Submission